Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Summer Thornton

Summer Thornton (summerthorntondesign.com) is one of my favorite newly found designers.  She has a unique aesthetic mixing colors, fabrics, materials and even styles that don't necessarily fit into a specific category.  

Summer's very chic studio with interesting mixes of furniture from different eras.  She just makes it work, and what a fresh take on an office space.
 I would love to have a cork-board wall in my studio to display all my inspiration images for my clients.

A blast of fun, light and happy that just speaks to me.  The wallpaper and brick wall create a perfect mix of texture and pattern.


Drop dead wallpaper and fabrics..

 ... the result, a retro-classic room with a modern edge.
Her unique flavor to this space shows off her eclectic eye for good design.  Thinking about getting rid of an old filling drawer?  How about using it as a side table?!
Chic and dramatic.  I want to lounge here.
  
She juxtaposes elegant grays and yellows.  The graphic gray and white fabric on the sofa pops beautifully with the charcoal color textured wall-covering.  The huge horse painting just anchors the space.  
I like to call this Grandma Chic.  What is your favorite Grandma Chic?

 Stunning...
I adore these Lanvin for HM floral shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment